Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Look At Augusta National: #17 - 'Nardina'


A few things.

This green is almost impossibly and improbably difficult. Amazed how well these guys can putt on this green.

The Eisenhower tree is quite impressive, but they use all sorts of cables in order to keep the thing upright.

The last time I went to the Masters I went for a practice round. I wound up at the 17th green watching some incoming shots and going over to watch some tee shots on 18. Eventually I found a tree which was located to the right of 17th green (behind 18th tee, right of 15th fairway) and laid down and watched some tee shots and 2nd shots on 15. Eventually, I fell asleep as it was a beautiful day. I woke up a bit embarrassed and then noticed about a handful of other people doing the same thing.


Par 4
440 Yards

Original Intent:"Depending upon the wind, a fine drive may leave a second shot requiring anything from a good 5-iron or easy 4 to a short pitch."- Bobby Jones, in Sports Illustrated, April 6, 1959

Significant Change:
- Tee moved back 10-15 yards, 2006

History
Average Score: 4.16
History Average Rank: 10th

credit: http://www.augusta.com/



3JACK


No comments: