Friday, January 18, 2013

3Jack's 2013 Tournament Schedule



Here are the dates for the possible events I may play in 2013:

US Amateur Championship

Date: August 12th – August 18th

Where: Brookline, MA at The Country Club

Qualifier Date and Place: July 15th-16th @ Harmony Golf Preserve or July 29th-30th at Orange County National


Florida State Amateur Match Play Championship

Date: August 1st – 4th

Where: Jacksonville, FL @ Timuquana Country Club

Qualifier Date and Place: July 22nd Golden Bear Club @ Keenes Point


Florida State Mid-Amateur Match Play Championship

Date: October 10th – 14th

Where: Lake Wales, FL @ Mountain Lake Golf Course

Qualifier Date and Place: September 16th @ Legacy Club @ Alaqua Lakes


I will probably end up playing the State Mid-Amateur Championship. With some things going on in my personal life like purchasing a house, my game has curtailed a bit in the meantime. However, I plan on working together with my swing instructor, George Hunt (www.moradgolfgeorgehunt.com) very soon to get everything straightened out.

I highly doubt my game with be ready in time for the US Amateur Championship. It would be a bit of a hard choice as to what course to choose, but I would probably pick Harmony Golf Preserve since so many amateurs play OCN almost daily and will know the course like the back of their hand.

Timuquana is about 2 hours from my house. If there’s one thing to like about Florida, it’s travel time. I’ve never played the Golden Bear Club. I’m sure it’s excellent, but I think they should reserve the qualifying sites for public or semi-private courses.

We’ll be heading back to the Legacy Club at Alaqua Lakes again. I think with better practice and more focus I’ll be in a better place than I was at the last Mid-Am qualifier.





3JACK

No comments: