Wednesday, March 31, 2021

What To Look For: 2021 Texas Valero Open

 Billy Horschel won the WGC-Match Play:


And client Joel Dahmen got his first PGA Tour victory at Corales Puntacana.


A big congratulations to Joel and his team including teacher Rob Rashell for all of their hard work and dedication and making my job very easy.  I look forward to continued success and more victories.  

If you're a Tour player or Tour caddie and would be interested in my statistical services please e-mail me at progolfsynopsis@yahoo.com


***

This week the Tour comes to San Antonio for the Texas Valero Open at TPC San Antonio.


TPC San Antonio has been very good to me as in 2019 I had Corey Conners as one of my picks to win at 150/1 odds.  Then the previous year in 2018 I had Andrew Landry, also at 150/1 odds, as one of my picks to win the event.  I've also had a few clients that have continually performed well at TPC San Antonio.

It's generally a fairly difficult course because of the wind.  Outside of my clients performing well there it's not that well received as a course because of some quirky design features and sometimes the wind and design are not properly matched up.  It's a Pete Dye design and while I don't hate Dye designs I always thought his biggest weakness was creating designs that matched up to typical weather patterns.

But this is very much a ballstriker's course.  Driving has an impact here, but it's more about accuracy, particularly avoiding waste areas, than hitting it long.  From there it's a lot of long iron and short wedge play.

Projected Winning Score: -12

3JACK'S FAVORITES

Jordan Spieth +1,000
Tony Finau +1,200
Corey Conners +2,000
Ryan Palmer +2,000
Sam Burns +3,300
Cameron Davis +3,300


3JACK'S DARKHORSE PICKS

Keegan Bradley +4,000
Sepp Straka +6,600
Henrik Norlander +20,000
Ryan Brehm +20,000


5 comments:

Expert said...

Helpful Article.
Thank you

Golf Lounge Resort said...

Thanks for sharing the information. Excellent post.

platzreife hamburg

Hamburg Minigolf

golf spielen hamburg

Anonymous said...

Thanks

aslan96 said...

In the great words of Dr Bob Rotella (a leading sports psychologist), golf isn't a game of perfect.
honma 4 star clubs

Unknown said...

Where you can practice side saddle putting with different golf balls and on different greens. A variety of views and distances allow you to zero in on your strengths and weaknesses. Randy Haggs provides everything you need for a smooth and consistent stroke.